Custom Search

Friday, December 3, 2010

TRANSCRIPTIONIST JOB AT ACCENTUS CANADA

I work for Accentus Canada and can honestly say that it is a wonderful place to work.  I love the fact that we commit to a number of minutes per week (200) and that we can transcribe when ever we want to; morning, noon or night.  They offer quality bonuses for anything over 96% accuracy and they do blind evaluations to monitor this on a weekly basis.  And they have another bonus for us MTs that bust our butts and get in over 750 minutes in the two week pay period.  Pay day is never late and it is a secure place to work.  Invoicing is done in a daily tracker and we are responsible to record our jobs and the minutes.  Accentus pays by the audio minute and is a great way to pay.  I find that the fast talkers are really balanced out by the average talker and everything works out just fine.  I believe that their pay rate is fair, when compared with other companies. 

Andrea in Human Resources is a gem and she is very good at her job.  Be ready for a bit of a wait to be hired.  Follow up every so often to see where you fall on the wait list.  I would think that a 2 month window is a good time frame as to a wait to be hired.  If you have any job experience,  school mentoring programs et cetera  make sure to update your resume online.  When you get the call, have some questions ready to ask Andrea.  It is a job interview, but if you have made it this far, you have a good shot as long as you are professional, courteous and polite.  Sell yourself at this point, you have the qualifications. When hired, you have 6 weeks of gating (mentoring, training et cetera) and even more time to work up your speed.  Quality is always valued over quantity.  Just try your best and try to find someone to chat back and forth with.

On my account, I have two Team Leads (TLs) that are the absolute best. I find that if I have a question, they are there to answer it.  I love that, you never feel truly alone.  Shout out to my TLs that work very hard, every day of the week.

There is a mix of voice recognition and straight typing.  Some accounts have a lot of VR, while others are straight typing.  I am on a great account and I love to work every day (well, almost every day).  I think that Accentus is a great place to work for and a place that is secure and can be your home for a long, long time.

I love working at Accentus. 

5 comments:

  1. Jody - Posted a comment earlier but something got "hung up." Anyway, it's refreshing to hear someone express how much they love their job! What a great fit Accentus is for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really you deserve a round of applause for this highly knowledgeable post in this segment of medical transcription. Thank you for such an informative post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really you deserve a round of applause for this highly knowledgeable post in this segment of medical transcription. Thank you for such an informative post.
    medical transcription in canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Whenever" is one word, not two. Your choice of punctuation also leaves something to be desired. I certainly wouldn't hire you. I am also shocked at the bitterness and disgust that all other employees of Accentus express on every other website I have seen so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoever you are, you are an "ass hole." :) You know nothing about this blogger. This is a blog, not a medical report.

      Delete