Custom Search

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mompreneurs and Medical Transcriptionists

This week I spent a bit of time delving into the world of mompreneurs and I did not even get a toe wet. It is mind boggling the information that this entails and encompasses.  For the next little while I will examine about mompreneurs and how their ideas can help us out. I think that we can consider Medical Transcriptionists a member of this growing entity.  A mompreneur is someone that finds a way to work in a way that is more family-friendly and she takes into minds ways to make a business/career fit around her busy lifestyle.  A mompreneur does not accept the norm and she tries to figure out how to work outside the box.  There is a new TV show with Kelly Ripa that is based on this lifestyle.  I haven't seen it yet as I am usually working in the evening,but I can bet it is good.  It is on TLC and is so intriguing to me.  Mompreneurs are fearless warriors in my eyes.  I consider myself a mompreneur to some degree;however, I have not stepped out of the comfort zone as of yet. 

My mind is that of a mompreneur,not a day goes by where I don't have ideas how to start my own MT company.  I have every detail in my mind.  I can envision myself on Dragon's Den answering Kevin O'Leary's question "HOW can you make me money?"  I have figured out some of the ins and outs of the mistakes happening... figured out things to write in a contract ....Insurance issues etc.  I have the workforce lined up with all my dear MT friends and associates.  I can see it playing out in my head and I know that it would work and could make money.  I know for a certain fact that I can make the MTs happier with their wages, but more so by making them feel like valued members of a team. I have an idea that may even translate in other MTs starting their own business using my research and model. I have the name and the business model all figured out.  I do not have the courage to get it on paper and get it rolling. I am scared to death of failing and not having it succeed.  A successful business in my mind is more comforting than another idea that fails to develop.

This time,however, I have education backing me up. I have research skills to die for (No modesty there, I know that is my strength) and I have people that I can employ and make things better for them.  I have a service that I can offer that will help out doctors and make their transcription needs effortless.  What is stopping me??? So this is a wake up call for me and for anyone else that has something that is stopping them from doing something that they really want to do... Just go for it. Don't let fear stop you

4 comments:

  1. Go Mompreneurs! You pegged it! This is the way I think of myself and this journey I am on for my family and I to make MT part of our lives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article and very inspiring! You give all us work-from-home moms's some hope that we can do something bigger than what we currently are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is amazing Jody! Way to go! I absolutely loved this post!

    ReplyDelete