Custom Search

Saturday, November 27, 2010

A new adventure

On November 25th, 2009 I graduated from Trios College and the Career Step Program with Honours.  I was very proud of myself.  With a kick butt resume and some fancy work, I was hired by a few different companies right out of the gate.  I was once again proud and honoured, but then I realized that some of these companies really take advantage of the new graduates and the pay was pretty pitiful.  I spent my time trying to find some thing better, and my efforts and testing paid off.  I was hired by Accentus Canada, out of Ottawa, Ontario and finally found a company that paid better than others.  I am able to work when I want to and do as much as I can in a day.  It is a wonderful place to work.  And I highly recommend Accentus. 

Today, I should be working but a good friend of mine put the blogging bug in my mind and either, through lack of motivation or a need for something a bit different, I find myself settting up this venture.  My goal for this blog is to present my ideas to opening up a different type of company that will team the MT with the doctor and create a better working environment for the MT and a consistency for the doctor.  I know that there are good companies that do this already, and I think that that is the way to go.  I strongly believe that an MT needs to have a connection to the doctor in order to obtain a higher level of satisfaction and a feeling of accomplishment.

So this is my blog on my adventure in opening up my own MT company and placing the power back in the MTs hands rather than in a large company.  I hope to be able to share some ideas and learn some things from others that have tried to open there own business. 

9 comments:

  1. Yay, Jody! This is so you! I have no doubt you will accomplish your goal of owning your own MT company! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start to what looks to be a very promising blog with lots of valuable information and thoughtful and thought-provoking prose. Congratulations and KEEP THEM COMING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you so much for your kind words Renae. I am very excited about this and thank you for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jody! I am a freshly graduated MT with a minimal amount of experience. It has been my goal for a few years now to work form home as an MT and I thank you much for your inspiring words. You have a wonderfully positive attitude about MT work - just what I needed! thanks and best luck.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lana, Congratulations. So have you started the job search. Are you from Canada or the States? I will post about job searching in the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jody! Nice to hear back from you. I am based just outside of Toronto, in Canada. I must say I almost wish I was from the US, so many more opportunities there it seems! Not to give up though.... just getting started with the job search. So far, no luck but I know it will take time and much effort. Glad to hear about your next post, I will look forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lana, There may be more places to work in the States, but personally,I feel you get paid more in Canada. Look into Accentus... email me at virtuallytheretranscriptionist@gmail.ca and I can supply you with a bit of information about Accentus. I can get your vitals and we can see what is a good fit for you. I am outside of TO too...about 5 hours.. I am between Sudbury and the Soo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jody,
    Thanks for that, I will email you for sure. I applied to Accentus just recently but have not heard back (...yet I hope)? Lol. Good to hear the Canadian companies pay well. Must be snowing lots where you are now, just getting it here now (I am in Mississauga, just 20 minutes south of Toronto). Thanks so much for your help, it is very much appreciated! Will be in touch then....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete